BONS online casino is committed to endorsing responsible gaming as a policy of customer care and social responsibility. We believe it is our responsibility to you, our customers, to ensure that you enjoy your wagering experience on our site while remaining fully aware of the social and financial harms associated with problem gambling.
Gambling should be treated as a fun pastime, and not as a means to generate income. Whilst the majority of the population can treat gambling as recreation and spend only what they can afford to risk, for some it can be more difficult. To maintain control of your gambling habits, we remind you to always consider the following points:
- Gambling should be done in moderation and undertaken as a form of leisure not as a genuine way of making money.
- Avoid chasing losses – there will always be another day.
- Only gamble when you can cover the losses.
- Keep track of the time and monitor the amount of money you spend.
- Should you need a break from gambling, account blocking can be activated by contacting Support.
- If you need to talk to someone about any concerns you may have with your gambling, please contact one of the organizations which we have detailed below.
Do you have a problem?
If you are concerned that gambling destructive influence on your life or someone else’s then the following questions may help you find out.
- Does gambling prevent you from attending work or college?
- Do you gamble to pass time or to escape boredom?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Have others ever criticized you for your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in family, friends or hobbies due to gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed to maintain betting habits?
- Are you reluctant to spend “gambling money” on anything else?
- Do you gamble until you lose all your money?
- After losing, do you feel that you have to try and win back the losses as soon as possible?
- If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Does gambling make you depressed or even suicidal?
The more questions that you answer “yes” to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gambling. To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact one of the organizations detailed below under Gambling Counselling Organisations.
- GamCare, the leading authority providing counseling, advice and practical help in addressing the social impact of gambling in the UK, can be visited at: www.gamcare.org.uk. Its confidential helpline is: 0845 6000 133. Non-UK residents can contact GamCare for details of International support organizations.
- Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their gambling problem and help other compulsive gamblers do the same. There are regional fellowships around the world. The Gamblers Anonymous international service site is at: www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk.
- Gambling Therapy provides support and counseling for anyone adversely affected by gambling. Members of the Gambling Therapy Team operate from locations both within the UK and internationally. Its site can be accessed at: www.gamblingtherapy.org
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or gamble on Bons. Bons takes its responsibilities in this regard very seriously. We carry out age verification checks on all customers who use payment mechanisms that are available to those under 18s and additionally perform random age verification checks on customers using other forms of funding mechanisms.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 found to be using the site will have any winnings forfeited and may also be reported to the police.
Filtering solutions allow parents to regulate access to the internet, based on chosen criteria. Parents can use filters to prevent their children from accessing, amongst other things, gambling websites. If you share your computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to register or bet with our site or have requested self-exclusion from gambling sites, please consider parental filtering solutions such as:
Net Nanny™ www.netnanny.com